Sanitising Hand Spray
Posted on June 14 2019
This sanitising spray is a game changer for winter wellness and stopping the spread of germs and sickness that seem to go around at this time of the year. I love that this natural spray can sanitise hands without the stinging eyes, overwhelming smell and without being burdened with the toxic load from the store bought sprays and gels! The essential oils is this spray have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, immunostimulant, anti-infectious, anti-parasitic and antioxidant properties (to name a few!!) Making it great for cleaning and protecting hands and most surfaces.
I have one of these sprays in our bathroom for the kids to use after they wash their hands, in my handbag, in the kindy/daycare bag/lunchbox (plastic only), next to my bin under the sink and in my car. If you follow the dilution in this recipe you can use PET plastic or glass, depending on your needs, and adapt it to any size bottle you have. If you have a few empty doTERRA bottles lying around you can make an easy mini spray by adding a misting head to it (see our infographic below). Since starting school, my daughter takes a plastic hand sanitiser to school in her lunchbox to give her hands a quick clean before eating. She refuses to use the fluorescent hand soap they have in the bathrooms (and I don't blame her!)
You will need:
40ml PET spray bottle
30ml distilled water
10ml White vinegar (or ACV)
6-10 drops of On Guard essential oil (or select essential oils with similar beneficial properties)
2-3 grains of Himalayan coarse rock salt
What you do:
Add the water and vinegar to your bottle. Put in the essential oils and salt and replace the lid. Give the bottle a gentle shake to combine and it is ready to use.
*Always remember to shake the bottle quickly before using.
* If you are using a larger bottle adjust the quantities as needed.
* Take care when spraying not to get the spray on sensitive areas, ears or eyes.
* PET plastic is great for use in certain situations but remember that it may melt if left in a hot car.
* Any essential oils with appropriate properties can be used for this sanitising spray.
* Cut down on waste by reusing using your old doTERRA oil bottles. Just purchase a spray top head and you're right to go!